Here at Selby Services, we want to make doing your taxes as easy as possible for you. That’s why we offer prior year return printing and late filing options.
Prior Year Services
If you need to file back tax returns, we will help you gather the documents needed. It’s a multi-step process, and you will have to provide your own W2’s and 1099’s, but we will provide any other forms you need, like 4506-T. We can also provide the forms from the year you are filing in and the instructions from that year as well.
Late Filing Options
If you missed the deadline to file your taxes, you can file them late. Selby Services can guide you through the process. You should file all tax returns that are due regardless of whether or not you can pay them in full.
Why file now?
– To avoid penalties
– File your return as soon as you can and pay as soon as you can to limit the interest charged to you or late payment penalties
– Make sure you claim your refund
– If you don’t file your return, you risk losing your refund. The IRS can hold your refund if one or more income tax returns are past due.
– Avoid future issues getting a loan
– If you happen to apply for a loan, your approval may be delayed if you don’t file your return. Copies of your tax returns must be submitted to financial institutions, so any time you want to make a money decision, you could be affected by not filing your return.
At Selby Services, we can help you through the process of late or prior year filing. Stop in or call us at 616-613-3222 to set up an appointment today!